This sumptuously illustrated book reveals the decorative seams, refined stitching, voluptuous drapery, strict corseting and slashing and stamping that make up some of the garments in the V&A’s superlative 19th-century fashion collection. With an authoritative text, exquisite colour photography of garment details and line drawings showing the complete construction of each piece, it gives the reader a unique opportunity to examine historical clothing that is often too fragile to be on display. It is an inspirational resource for students, collectors, designers and anyone who is fascinated by fashion and clothing.
- Format Paperback | 240 pages
- Dimensions 205 x 290 x 20.32mm | 1,200g
- Publication date 06 Dec 2016
- Publisher Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication City/Country London, United Kingdom
- Fabulous gift