Fashion Workroom Full Scale Basic Skirt Blocks – Sizes 4 to 24
A block pattern is a custom-fitted, basic pattern from which patterns for many different styles can be developed.
What is the difference between a pattern making block and a pattern?….This can be very confusing.
When a Basic Block is created it is has been developed from base body measurements then a basic ease (for movement) is applied. This style of block is generally used anyone learning patternmaking from the beginning.
In the fashion industry, a block is the pattern of a style that sells well for you. It sells so well for you that you use that pattern to generate new styles.
eg. Basic fitted shirt block with 2 piece collar, pocket, darts, long sleeves & cuff & plackets
This Basic Skirt Block has been developed for those wanting…
- To learn or teach pattern making skills, fitting techniques either in a class room or online eg School Students, Fashion Design Students etc.
- A starting point for developing a range for a ‘New Fashion Label’
- A starting point for developing a custom fitted block library for individual clients, eg. Evening wear, Ready to Wear, Tailoring etc
- Individuals who have trouble finding clothes that fit their body shape
- The measurement chart has been developed to suit Retail Fitting.
- The blocks have been developed from Size 4-24.
Need another size ? Please contact us
- Check out our chart to see what size you need.
- The size selection is from your hip measurement, if your waist is different to the chart, this is adjusted later when you make a personal block
How to select the correct size
- Establish you waistline by tying some 6mm elastic or ribbon (whatever you have) around your waist
- Record your waist measurement
- Find the fullest part of your hip area
- Now measure with a tape measure parallel to the floor and take you hip measurement
- Take the measurement 3 times for both waist and hip to confirm accuracy
- Select the block based on the Hip measurement ..which is in the Grey Shaded Column
Tip: Work with another person if possible or work in front of a full length mirror., .. need help ‘Contact us’
Included in the price for our blocks ……
- 1 x Hard Copy Skirt Block printed on high quality white 160gsm coated paper
- Seam Allowance Grid on pattern, Stitching Lines,Grain lines
- Waist, High Hip, Hip Hem Levels marked
- 1 x 250gsm Premium White Cardboard Sheet to make a copy (per set purchased)
- Pattern Hook (per set purchased)
- Plastic handle Pattern Awl
Purchasing Information :
- Please allow approximately an extra 2 days to shipping time for printing order
- Shipping: Blocks cannot be shipped with other items as they could be damaged from movement of other products in the box during transit.
Shipping cost is included in the Block/Blocks price.
- Sizes available: Size 4- Size 24 . Please contact us if you require another size.
- Bulk Buy: Purchase either multiples of 1 size or mixed sizing. eg 5 x sets of size 10 blocks or 5 x sets mixed sizes
- Mixed Sizing: You choose the sizes , just enter the sizes you would like in the comments section when you place an order.
- Paper block should be treated as the Master Block.
- The pattern card included is to trace off from your master block and produce a new block for your Pattern Making, this way your master will always remain accurate. As your cardboard block becomes worn (which it will) it becomes inaccurate. Discard your old block and produce a new block from your Master Block and you are back in business.
- Optional: Once you have carefully cut out your block I suggest you get them laminated.
- Trace your block onto White Pattern Card Sheet, do any adjusting to personalise the block to yours or a clients measurements ie. tweak waist hi measurements change length and seam allowances, then cut out your new new personalised block.
- Re-label the customised block with new name instead of Fashion Workroom. eg. your name, clients name. This will be the base block for your library…Start Patternmaking!
Check out our latest blog on ‘Creating a block copy’