Fashion Workroom Full Scale Basic Skirt Blocks Nest – Sizes 4 to 24
A block pattern is a custom-fitted, basic pattern from which patterns for many different styles can be developed.
What is the difference between a pattern making block and a pattern?….This can be very confusing.
When a Basic Block is created it is has been developed from base body measurements then a basic ease (for movement) is applied.
This style of block is generally used by anyone learning patternmaking from the beginning.
In the fashion industry, a block is the pattern of a style that sells well for you. It sells so well for you that you use that pattern to generate new styles.
eg. Basic fitted shirt block with 2 piece collar, pocket, darts, long sleeves & cuff & plackets
This Basic Skirt Block has been developed for those wanting…
- To learn or teach pattern making skills, fitting techniques either in a class room or online eg School Students, Fashion Design Students etc.
- A starting point for developing a range for a ‘New Fashion Label’
- A starting point for developing a custom fitted block library for individual clients, eg. Evening wear, Ready to Wear, Tailoring etc
- Individuals who have trouble finding clothes that fit their body shape
- The measurement chart has been developed to suit Retail Fitting.
- The blocks have been developed from Size 4-24.
- The size selection is from your hip measurement, if your waist is different to the chart, this is adjusted later when you make a personal block
How to select the correct size
- Establish you waistline by tying some 6mm elastic or ribbon (whatever you have) around your waist
- Record your waist measurement
- Find the fullest part of your hip area
- Now measure with a tape measure parallel to the floor and take you hip measurement
- Take the measurement 3 times for both waist and hip to confirm accuracy
- Select the block based on the Hip measurement ..which is in the Grey Shaded Column
Tip: Work with another person if possible or work in front of a full length mirror., .. need help ‘Contact us’
Included in the price for our blocks ……
- 1 x Hard Copy Skirt Block Nest
- Colour printing on high quality white 160gsm coated paper
- Laminated for durability
- Seam Allowance Grid on pattern, Stitching Lines, Grain lines
- Waist, High Hip, Hip Hem Levels marked
Purchasing Information :
- Please allow approximately an extra 2 days to shipping time for printing order
- Shipping: Blocks cannot be shipped with other items as they could be damaged from movement of other products in the box during transit.
- Size Range: Size 4- Size 24 .
- Each size is represented by a different colour
- Laminated Paper Block Nest should be treated as the Master Pattern.
- Patterns are traced off the master and labelled then filed.
- Re-label the customised block with new name instead of Fashion Workroom. eg. your name, clients name. This will be the base block for your library…Start Patternmaking!
Check out our basic skirt blocks already ready to cut
Not sure about Block Nests … contact us