Fashion Workroom Full Scale Basic Dress Blocks
Sizes 6 to 16 available
With Seam Allowance
A block pattern is a custom-fitted, basic pattern from which patterns for many different styles can be developed.
What is the difference between a pattern making block and a pattern?….This can be very confusing.
When a Basic Block is created it is has been developed from base body measurements then a basic ease (for movement) is applied. This style of block is generally used anyone learning patternmaking from the beginning.
In the fashion industry, a block is the pattern of a style that sells well for you. It sells so well for you that you use that pattern to generate new styles.
eg. Basic fitted shirt block with 2 piece collar, pocket, darts, long sleeves & cuff & plackets
This Basic Bodice Block has been developed for those wanting…
- To learn or teach pattern making skills, fitting techniques either in a class room or online eg School Students, Fashion Design Students etc.
- A starting point for developing a range for a ‘New Fashion Label’
- A starting point for developing a custom fitted block library for individual clients, eg. Evening wear, Ready to Wear, Tailoring etc
- Individuals who have trouble finding clothes that fit their body shape
- The blocks have been developed from Size 6-16
Need another size ? Please contact us
- Check out our chart to see what size you need.
- The size selection is from your Bust Measurement
Tip: Work with another person if possible or work in front of a full length mirror., .. need help ‘Contact us’
Included in the price for our blocks ……
- 1 x Complete Hard Copy Dress Block printed on high quality white 160gsm coated paper
- Front Bodice, Back Bodice, Sleeve, Front Skirt & Back Skirt
- Seam Allowance Grid, Grain lines, Stitching Lines, Notch lines
- 2 x 250gsm Premium White Cardboard Sheet to make a copy (per set purchased)
- Pattern Hook (per set purchased)
Purchasing Information :
- Please allow approximately an extra 2 days to shipping time for printing order
- Sizes Range available: Size 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 & 16
- Paper block should be treated as the Master Block.
- The pattern card included is to trace off from your master block and produce a new block for your Pattern Making, this way your master will always remain accurate. As your cardboard block becomes worn (which it will) it becomes inaccurate. Discard your old block and produce a new block from your Master Block and you are back in business.
- Optional: Once you have carefully cut out your block I suggest you get them laminated.
- Trace your block onto White Pattern Card Sheet, do any adjusting to personalise the block to yours or a clients measurements ie. tweak waist hi measurements change length and seam allowances, then cut out your new new personalised block.
- Re-label the customised block with new name instead of Fashion Workroom. eg. your name, clients name. This will be the base block for your library…Start Patternmaking!
Check out our latest blog on ‘Creating a block copy’