Schmetz Flat Shank Leather Domestic Sewing Machine Needles x 5 needle pack
Leather needles have a wedge-shape point that penetrates leather, suede, vinyl, heavy faux suede and leather, as well as other thick, nonwoven fabrics, without tearing them.
- 5 x Needle Pack of Schmetz Domestic Leather Point Sewing Needles.
- These quality needles are for single needle domestic sewing machines.
- For machines by : Babylock, Bernina, Bernette, Brother, Elna, Happylock, Husqvarna, Janome, Juki, Mammylock, Melco, Necchi, New Home, Pfaff, Poem, Riccar, Simplicity, Singer, Toyota, Viking, White and more….
- Needle System : 130/705
- These are home sewing machine needles with a flat needle shank for most home sewing machines and home sewer based embroidery and quilting machines.
- Leather needles have knife shaped tips to help cut the leather as the stitch is being formed.This allows the thread to pass through the leather. If you try to sew leather and faux leather with for example an ordinary size 110 needle the machine will struggle. So by using a leather needle the machine will be able to sew more easily.
- When using a leather needle, it’s important to stitch accurately because the needle leaves a large, permanent hole.
Tie thread ends, instead of backstitching, to prevent perforating the surface.
Because the needle has a slight cutting point, never use it on woven or knit fabrics.
- Leather Needle Sizes:
110/18- Heavy Weight
Need help email us your question