Fashion Workroom Full Scale Basic Dress Blocks – Laminated Graded
Sizes 6 to 16 – Without Seam Allowance
A block pattern is a custom-fitted, basic pattern from which patterns for many different styles can be developed.
What is the difference between a pattern making block and a pattern?….This can be very confusing.
When a Basic Block is created it is has been developed from base body measurements then a basic ease (for movement) is applied.
This style of block is generally used by anyone learning patternmaking from the beginning.
In the fashion industry, a block is the pattern of a style that sells well for you. It sells so well for you that you use that pattern to generate new styles.
eg. Basic fitted shirt block with 2 piece collar, pocket, darts, long sleeves & cuff & plackets
This Basic Dress Block has been developed for those wanting…
- To learn or teach pattern making skills, fitting techniques either in a class room or online eg School Students, Fashion Design Students etc.
- A starting point for developing a range for a ‘New Fashion Label’
- A starting point for developing a custom fitted block library for individual clients, eg. Evening wear, Ready to Wear, Tailoring etc
- Individuals who have trouble finding clothes that fit their body shape
- The measurement chart has been developed to suit Retail Fitting.
- The blocks have been developed from Size 6-16
- The size selection is from your Bust measurement, if your Waist & Hip are different to the chart, this is adjusted later when you make a personal block
Tip: Work with another person if possible or work in front of a full length mirror., .. need help ‘Contact us’
Included in the price for our blocks ……
- 1 x Hard Copy Dress Block Nest Size Range 6-16
- Patterns included are: Front and Back Skirt, Front and Back Bodice, Sleeve
- Colour printing on high quality white 160gsm coated paper
- Different colour per size
- Laminated for durability
Purchasing Information :
- Please allow approximately an extra 2 days to shipping time for printing order
- Size Range: Size 6- Size 16
- Each size is represented by a different colour
- Without Seam allowance
- Laminated Paper Block Nest should be treated as the Master Template.
- Patterns are traced off the master and labelled then filed.
- Re-label the customised block
- This will be the base block for your library…Start Patternmaking!
Check out our Fashion Workroom Full Scale Basic Dress Blocks Without Seam Allowance already ready to cut
Not sure about Block Nests … contact us