Fashion Workroom Full Scale Regular Range of Basic Dress Blocks DR002 with Seam Allowance included – No Waist Seam
* Sizes 6 to 16 available
* With Seam Allowance
* No Waist Seam
* Contour Darting on Front & Back
* Two Sleeve options
* Seam Allowance Table
* Measurement Chart
* Perfect for ..Ready to Wear – Bridal Wear – Cocktail/Evening Wear
A block pattern is a custom-fitted, basic pattern from which patterns for many different styles can be developed.
What is the difference between a pattern making block and a pattern?….This can be very confusing.
When a Basic Block is created it is has been developed from base body measurements then a basic ease (for movement) is applied. This style of block is generally used anyone learning patternmaking from the beginning.
In the fashion industry, a block is the pattern of a style that sells well for you. It sells so well for you that you use that pattern to generate new styles.
eg. Basic fitted shirt block with 2 piece collar, pocket, darts, long sleeves & cuff & plackets
This Basic Dress Block has been developed for those wanting…
- To learn or teach pattern making skills, fitting techniques either in a class room or online eg School Students, Fashion Design Students etc.
- A starting point for developing a range for a ‘New Fashion Label’
- A starting point for developing a custom fitted block library for individual clients, eg. Cocktail/Evening wear, Ready to Wear, Bridal etc
- Individuals who have trouble finding clothes that fit their body shape
- The blocks have been developed from Size 6-16
- Check out our chart to see what size you need.
- The size selection is from your bust measurement
Tip: Work with another person if possible or work in front of a full length mirror., .. need help ‘Contact us’
Included in the price for our blocks ……
- Complete Hard Copy Dress Block printed on high quality white 160gsm coated paper
Sheet 1 – Front & Back Dress
Sheet 2 – Sleeve – Long & Short Version
- All Pattern markings including Grain lines, Darts, Pattern information etc.
- Seam allowance Grid
- Colour printing
- Measurement Chart
Purchasing Information :
- Please allow approximately an extra 2/3 days to shipping time for printing order
- Sizes Range available: Size 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16
Check out our latest blog on ‘Creating a block copy’